Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer is almost over

Not that I'm counting the days til school starts again or anything.

I've enjoyed having the CHOICE to keep my kids home with me this summer. I wasn't forced to have to put them in daycare and not get to enjoy any summer with them. They're still little, so there's still a lot of whining that goes on and all day every day of that can get to one frazzled mom, but nonetheless I'm glad I'm here for them.

As fall and the holiday season rolls around, I've been talking with more and more people that are interested in starting their own business. There are many reasons for it, but it usually boils down to extra cash and security. What's your reason for wanting your own business? I enjoy the flexibility of being able to be home when the kids need me if they're sick or there's no school or daycare. I so love that I have the power to CHOOSE to send my daughter to a sitter or daycare because I want or need to. I enjoy not having to drag them (or myself) out of bed at un-Godly hours in the morning and racing traffic to get to the office on time. And I enjoy having the power to control my own destiny and income. The harder I work, the more I make. When I slack off, so does my income. BUT, to a certain extent, my business can keep going even when I take a day off.

Would you like to have the same freedom? Drop me a line or check out my website at www.SmellMyCandleBiz.info ~ Look forward to hearing from you!

~ L

No comments: